Recent Miami Motorcycle Accidents
When you are injured in a motorcycle accident in the Miami area, you need an accident lawyer who has experience. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz serve clients with serious and catastrophic injury and death cases. In many injury cases, people injured in motorcycle crashed sustain extremely serious injuries, some of which can even be life threatening. Here are some of the more serious motorcycle accidents that have occurred in recent years in and around Miami. At Gerson and Schwartz, PA our lawyers have over 4 decades of experience in handling motorcycle crash cases for the residents of the greater Miami area. Let us protect your right to compensation so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Below are some of the more serious motorcycle accidents that have occurred in recent years in and around Miami:
- In October 2014, an unidentified motorcycle rider was thrown from his bike before it caught fire. Witnesses reported that he had been driving erratically, popping wheelies, and performing stunts for ten miles along the I-95 before crashing. The rider was wearing a helmet, but this did not save his life. The fire slowed efforts to identify the rider and notify his next of kin.
- On October 14, 2015, artist Cynthia Fleischmann and her friend Catherine Milagros Perez Garcia were riding motorcycles on the I-95 when a Toyota Corolla cut through a gap in the orange pylons blocking the express lane. Fleischmann was rushed to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where doctors had to amputate her right leg above the knee. Fleishmann later sued the Florida Department of Transportation and DBI Services for negligently maintaining express lanes on the I-95.
- On November 1, 2016, Officer Jorge Sanchez – a veteran traffic cop of the Miami Police Department – was killed when an SUV rear-ended his motorcycle in a left turn lane. The collision forced his motorcycle into the intersection, where Sanchez was hit again by oncoming traffic. The entire accident damaged five other cars, left two others in critical condition, and sent a total of eleven people to the hospital. It took hours for officers to control the scene, determine exactly how many people were hurt, and figure out who exactly was involved in the crash.
- On January 10, 2017, Darius Leroy Roberts, twenty-three years old, was thrown from his white Kawasaki motorcycle after a Ford Focus attempting to turn left in front of him collided with his bike. Roberts was pronounced dead at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- On May 23, 2017, a motorcyclist traveling on the Julia Tuttle Causeway hit a scooter which then hit a fisherman. All three were killed. The 4:30 a.m. accident backed up rush hour traffic in one of the worst traffic jams that Miami-Dade County has seen in years.
Traffic accidents can happen at any time, and they are particularly harmful to motorcycle riders. Wear safety equipment – especially a helmet – at all times. Drive defensively, and help other drivers see your bike and anticipate your movements so that everyone can avoid a collision.
Call Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Miami.
An experienced accident lawyer in Miami can protect your legal rights for compensation for your injuries. The Miami motorcycle accident attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. have over forty-six years of experience protecting the rights of accident victims in Miami area. Call our office today at 305-371-6000 to schedule your free consultation with an attorney. You can also email us through our online contact form, and one of our staff members will contact you as soon as possible.