Car accidents can occur in unexpected situations and often without any warning. In many cases, people injured in these types of freak accidents are legally entitled to compensation from the person or party at fault for the accident. At Gerson & Schwartz, P.A., our car accident attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of the injured and work tirelessly to ensure that our clients obtain the full and fair value of their claim as soon as possible.
Diners in a local donut shop recently learned just how unexpected a car accident can be earlier this month when a car crashed through the front of a Miami-Dade donut shop. According to a report published at NBC six people were rushed to the hospital with varying injuries. Witness reported that it appeared that the driver, an older woman, hit the gas instead of the brake.
Obtaining Compensation after a Serious Accident Can Be Complicated
Based on the facts as they were reported, there is little doubt that the victims of this accident will be entitled to compensation for their injuries. In order to do so, however, they will need to go through the often complicated and onerous process of obtaining a settlement from the driver’s insurance company.
Fortunately for the victims of this incident and other car accidents, a car accident in Miami can be of significant assistance in recovering compensation after a serious accident. Some of the ways that a car accident attorney can help accident victims include the following:
- A lawyer will evaluate your claim and identify the parties against whom you may be able to file a claim
- Your attorney will determine how much your case may be worth, taking into account prospective losses such as future medical expenses and lost income
- Your Miami car accident attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- If the insurance company does not make a reasonable settlement offer, your lawyer may file a lawsuit in the appropriate venue and represent you in court
How to Protect Your Rights after a Miami Car Accident
There are certain steps you can take as an accident victim to maximize your chances of recovery, some of which include:
- If you can, take photographs of the aftermath of the accident and obtain contact information from anyone who witnessed it
- Do not refuse emergency medical treatment and undergo a thorough medical evaluation as soon as you can
- Attend all doctor’s appointments and take the advice of medical professionals
- Do not provide the insurance company with a written statement and stay off of social media
- Call an attorney as soon as you can
Call Gerson & Schwartz Today to Speak with a Miami Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is critical to retain legal representation as soon as you can. To schedule a free consultation with a Miami car accident attorney, call Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. today at 877-475-2905 or contact us online.